This week, our program released the SIXTH edition of the OHSU Internal Medicine Residency Program's Quarterly Scholarship Newsletter. As usual, our residents' hard work was rewarded with publications in a multitude of high-impact journals.
The newsletter is part of ongoing efforts by Dr. Avital O'Glasser, one of our assistant program directors, along with the SPeAR (Scholarship Peer Advice and Resources Group) to solidify our scholarship infrastructure. Reach out to Avi or the SPeAR group if you have any questions about getting more involved in research!
FEATURED RESIDENT PUBLICATIONS FROM THE SUMMER QUARTER 2018 (Resident name in bold):
1. Bien JY, Hegarty R, Chan B. Anemia in Scurvy. J Gen Intern Med. 2018 Jul 27.
2. Haraga J, LeBlanc M, Chiovaro J. Not All It's CrAg-ed Up to Be: Disseminated Cryptococcosis. Am J Med. 2018 Jul 31.
3. Ketterer B, Montanaro A, Hunter A. So Much More than Bald and Bloated. J Hosp Med, published online September 28, 2018.
4. Keyserling K, Koprowski S. Spur-Cell Anemia. N Engl J Med. 2018 Aug 23;379(8):774.
5. Koprowski S, VanLue MJ, McCormick ME. Treatment of Stress Velopharyngeal Incompetence With Injection of Hyaluronic Acid. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2018 Apr;55(4):615-618.
6. Dua A, Koprowski S, Ali F, Desai SS. Factors that Predict Failure to Meet Merit-Based Incentive Payment System Quality Measures for Asymptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy. Ann Vasc Surg. 2018 Apr;48:127-132.
7. Lachowiez C, White K, Spurgeon S. Exaggerated arthropod assault: Eosinophilic dermatosis in a patient with small lymphocytic lymphoma. Clin Case Rep. 2018;00:1–3.
8. Larson E, German DM, Shatzel J, DeLoughery TG. Anticoagulation in the Cardiac Patient: A Concise Review. Eur J Haematol. 2018 Sep 10.
9. Lu E, Thomas GV, Chen Y, Wyatt AW, Lloyd P, Youngren J, Quigley D, Bergan R, Bailey S, Beer TM, Feng FY, Small EJ, Alumkal JJ. DNA Repair Gene Alterations and PARP Inhibitor Response in Patients With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2018 Aug;16(8):933-937. doi: 10.6004/jnccn.2018.7020.
10. Nishikawa G, Luo J, Prasad V. A comprehensive review of exceptional responders to anticancer drugs in the biomedical literature. European Journal of Cancer 101 (2018) 143e151.
11. O'Donnell M, Shatzel JJ, Olson SR, Daughety MM, Nguyen KP, Hum J, DeLoughery TG. Arterial Thrombosis in Unusual Sites: A practical review. Eur J Haematol. 2018 Aug 21.
12. Olson SR, Lu E, Sulpizio E, Shatzel JJ, Rueda JF, DeLoughery TG. When to Stop Eculizumab in Complement-Mediated Thrombotic Microangiopathies. Am J Nephrol. 2018 Aug 15;48(2):96-107.
13. Scharman C, Mansoor A, O'Glasser A. Occam's Razor Vs. Hickam's Dictum: Headache in an Immunocompromised Patient. SGIM Forum 41 (9): 8-9, 11.
14. Tao D, Prasad V. Choice of control group in randomised trials of cancer medicine: are we testing trivialities? Lancet Oncol. 2018 Sep;19(9):1150-1152.
15. Tao D, Schott S, Prasad V. The tradeoff of cancer drug regulatory policy: Faster approvals for one means less knowledge for another. Am J Med. 2018 Sep 7.
Don’t forget to email Avital O’Glasser (email@example.com) or IM SPeAR (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any recent publications, presentations, or interest in participating in scholarly work or having a resident work with you!